Staging your home – even in a seller’s market – is always recommended! Although it is a HOT market, staging your house will make it stand out from the others in your price range, and you won’t waste a single opportunity to create a great impression. If you want to sell your home quickly and for the best possible price, staging is one of the easiest ways to make it happen.
Just to drop a few stats, according to the 2021 Profile of Home Staging from the National Association of Realtors:
• 23% of sellers’ agents reported an increase of 1-5% of the dollar value offered by buyers, in comparison to unstaged homes (which means more money in your pocket)
• 82% of buyers’ agents said staging a home made it easier for a buyer to visualize the property as a future home
• According to the Real Estate Staging Association, staged homes sell 73% faster, on average, than their non-staged counterparts
Here’s what else — staging doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated! I’ve listed below a few non-negotiable staging homework items I give to all of my sellers:
• Declutter and depersonalize everything! Small objects don’t photo well so remove any knick-knacks and any personal items. When it comes to getting your home ready for the market, less is ALWAYS more
• Deep clean the entire home top-to-bottom like you’ve never cleaned before
• Focus on Curb appeal – fresh mulch, power washing, new wreaths, and front door mat with a pop of color
• Add fluffy white towels to the bathrooms, remove bathmats, and add white comforters to all of the beds – this will make the rooms feel larger, and the bathrooms look inviting (and clean)
• Remove area rugs and curtains
• Eliminate pet presence (and smells) and get rid of air fresheners! The best scent a home can have is CLEAN
If you’re curious how you can get your home looking its best, send me a message, and let’s chat. I’d love to help you sell quickly and for top dollar!